There are a lot of options when it comes to creating a website. You have drag and drop builders, custom coding, and even templates that you can purchase and customize for your business.
You may have heard of several CMS options like Shopify, WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, and Showit to name a few. At The Mug, we offer custom websites on three of these different platforms: WordPress, Showit, and Shopify.
As the most popular website platform in existence, it’s no surprise that WordPress is one of the Content Management Systems we often work with. While most websites that have been around for years are using this platform, many businesses are now opting in for more user-friendly and easy-to-update website platforms.
Among these competitors is Showit, a platform that our team and clients have fallen in love with for its ease of use and beautiful design capabilities. So, which website platform is best for your unique needs? Let’s find out!
WordPress is a crazy powerful open-source software that you can use to create your website and blog. A WordPress website might be the best option for your business if you need a really customizable website with a broad bandwidth. WordPress sites can become costly, as they are not easy to update and may need custom coding.
- Fully integrated platform
- The customization options with WordPress are endless and once you are on WordPress you won’t ever really need to switch platforms due to capability restraints.
- There are thousands of plugins and integrations to choose from due to the popularity of the platform. The number of plugins available with WordPress means your options for integrating your website with other software are great.
- They have amazing SEO capabilities and tools to help you get easily found through a Google search.
- WordPress blogging capabilities are second to none. They are the most powerful and popular blogging platform ever made.
- WordPress has a STEEP learning curve, and was not designed to be “easy-to-use” for small business owners.
- WordPress requires a lot of maintenance on your end. Plugins and the WordPress software itself require updating regularly. You’ll also need to backup your website before each update in case the update breaks something on your site.
- More open to hacking and malware than other platforms which is why choosing a reputable hosting provider and security options are very important.
- Speaking of hosting providers, with WordPress you need to find a third-party hosting provider.
Showit is an all-in-one website platform similar to Squarespace and Wix (but better). This means that hosting is included in the monthly/annual subscription, therefore, eliminating an additional cost. Showit is a great option for solopreneurs and small business owners who are looking for the flexibility of great design paired with the powerful functionality of WordPress.
- It’s not a completely integrated platform which means that a shop, analytics, blogging etc… is all done outside of the Showit interface.
- Might not be the best solution for large e-commerce stores.
- Showit is a completely code-free platform which means that you can easily edit your website without needing to know ANY code. It’s completely customizable and super easy to use.
- Showit has incredible mobile customization options and allows for a complete mobile-first experience.
- Their help articles, support team and community are second to none.
- Our design timeline is cut in HALF. Get your site within weeks instead of months.
- Showit handles all of the technical elements including hosting and transferring blog content from other platforms.
- It integrates with WordPress for blogging which means you still have the power and functionality of WordPress but the design is all done within Showit.
- E-commerce: Integrates with Shopify Lite, Podia, and WooCommerce (beta)
- Great security/malware protection that comes included in your subscription.
- Showit integrates with WordPress for your blog!
So there you have it! After reading this article, have you decided which platform, WordPress vs Showit, that is right for you and your UNIQUE business?
If you still aren’t sure, we are happy to answer any questions you have!